NEWS & EVENTS
Ongoing Activities of the Project
Hereunder are the ongoing activities under the Technical Assistance and Training on the ESM of PCBs:
1. Finalization of the Technical Guidelines on PCB Management
- The Technical Guidelines will be the central reference for the Environmentally-sound Management of PCBs, containing topics such as the background and legal/regulatory bases of PCBs, as well as details concerning transport, storage, treatment, and disposal of PCB Equipment and PCB wastes. The Guidelines will in addition govern all aspects of Project implementation and weave together existing and planned developments in the field of PCB Management.
2. Conduct of National Inventory of PCBs
- To best manage PCBs and PCB-containing equipment in the country, the project intends to perform a nationwide inventory of all PCB-containing equipment and substances. Central to this activity is the development of an online database or repository and populating it through registration and data inputs from the PCB Owners themselves. The latter is supported by an Information, Education, and Communication Plan aimed at convincing Owners all over the country to participate.
3. Conduct of Training and Technical Assistance to PCB Owners
- The Project intends to directly assist PCB Owners in the management of their PCB equipment and wastes. This will be conducted in the form of
multiple two-day trainings conducted all over the country. Following the trainings, PCB Management Specialists will perform actual on-site visits to assist PCB Owners with: Preparation of PCB Management Plans and Inventory, Inspection/Testing/Labeling of PCB Equipment, Implementation of Approved PCB Management Plan, and Review of PCB Management Completion Reports.
Are you a PCB Owner? Please refer to "Schedule of Trainings for the ESM of PCBs" under "News & Events" for the training schedule in your region.
4. Assistance to EMB in Enforcement and Monitoring
- The Project also provides assistance to government agencies to equip them with enforcement authority and the concomitant responsibility for monitoring and validation. This activity will focus on creating the Regional PCB Monitoring Networks (RPMNs) and empowering them through training and orientation, as well as implementation of a PCB Management Monitoring and Validation Plan. Similar to assistance with PCB Owners, PCB Management Specialists will perform on-site assistance activities to these RPMNs.
For more information, please call Innogy Solutions, Inc. at (02)687-3831 or (02)914-0443.